- Focus on the strengths of an athlete’s mental and physical abilities and mental preparation skills
- Help athletes develop the ability to prepare mentally for competition
- Give tools and strategies aimed at getting the best results
- Equips today’s athletes with mental/life tools…on and off the field
Mental or Psychological Skills Training is that segment of sports psychology that concentrates specifically on helping athletes/clients through the mental barriers that are keeping them from performing up to their potential. The primary goals is to teach performers how to be more confident, focus better, stay composed under pressure, practice more efficiently, and develop better pre-performance routines.
This program combines the best traditional sports psychology interventions with the latest sport science technology available today (e.g., biofeedback, neurofeedback, Dynavision D2 Light Board,Cognisens Neurotracker) so that Zone Performance Clients will be better equipped to:
- Control their stress levels by changing their brainwaves, heart rate, breathing, skin conductivity, temperature, respiration, and muscle tension.
- Behave intelligently and responsibly in the face of challenges and adversity.
- Learn how to quiet their mind and control their thinking and emotions to perform consistently and effectively at their highest levels of personal excellence.
- Learn how to set personal, achievable goals.
- Learn valuable life skills and mental skills that can positively affect all aspects of their lives, including formative relationships with their coaches, family, teachers, employers, and peers.
The Podium Program is comprised of 20 one hour one-on-one sessions that will change your preparation for that performance event(s) so that you can perform your best under pressure.