You can train every day. Work out. Take vitamins and supplements. Be in the best shape of your life…BUT when it comes to game time you just don’t perform as well as you thought you would. You may even experience sweaty palms, pit in your stomach or your mind goes blank.
|Zone Performance provides parents, coaches, and athletes quick and effective solutions to assist them in achieving and even exceeding their performance goals.|
You know you’re not performing up to your potential. You want to take your game to the next level but you’re not sure how to accomplish this. There’s a limit on physical training BUT the possibilities are limitless when you train your mental game. Tap into your limitless performance, simply by combining your physical training with mental toughness training for athletes.
Are you ready to break thru your barriers?
Gain the Competitive Advantage – With Zone Performance’s Mental Toughness Program for Athletes One-on-One Sports Psychology/Mental Game Coaching.
Zone Performance provides parents, coaches, and athletes quick and effective solutions to assist them in achieving and even exceeding their performance goals. Athletes rapidly gain the insight, tools, and strategies to understand how their mind works and to gain control over it in a way that optimizes their personal performance, as opposed to sabotaging it. Sports Psychology for Athletes offered at Zone Performance in Alberta, Canada ensures that your Mind-set is more consistently positive and productive, which in turn, allows to produce performance results “under pressure and on demand”.
DISCOVER YOUR INNER CHAMPION
- Achieve the optimal state of mind – to perform your best under any conditions
- Gain new motivation and confidence – to break through mental barriers
- Unleash the power of your body, mind, and spirit – to realize your full potential
- Create a healthy, balanced lifestyle – athletically, professionally, and personally
- Deal with fear – and use it to propel you forward
- Handle stress, anxiety, and health concerns
- Think, act and perform like a champion!
ALL ONE-ON-ONE MENTAL GAME COACHING PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Mental Aptitude Assessment Profile — Find out where you are mentally strong, and the specific areas that keep you from reaching your potential.
- Mental Game Plan (MGP) — This is a customized plan FOCUSED on SPECIFIC mental toughness areas REQUIRING improvement and/or specific focus. Examples include: goal setting and monitoring, improving confidence, maintaining composure, coping with injury, getting and staying focused, overcoming perfectionism and fear, COPING with mistakes, not letting frustration or anger override your performance.
- Weekly meetings (in person by phone or on the playing field.) to facilitate the custom MGP and celebrate advances in mental skills and performance success. Clients will also receive weekly exercises to help them move forward quickly and efficiently.
- Training Materials and Handouts. The curriculum is designed to provide each athlete/ performer with all mental game handouts, reading materials, audio programs and workbooks.
- Sport specific mental imagery script — no matter the sport or discipline, Coach John will develop a custom mental imagery script to help you find and stay in your “zone” faster and easier, better prepare you mentally for competition, and provide you with a plan to continuously improve your mental toughness skills
- Unlimited Email–Support between mental training sessions.
ZONE PERFORMANCE MENTAL TRAINING PROGRAMS – ALBERTA, CANADA
|Train like an Olympic or Professional Athlete.|
Train like an Olympic or Professional Athlete. Zone Performance offers threedifferent sports psychology training programs to maximize your athletic performance:
THE BRONZE PACKAGE
This program includes five one-on-one mental game coaching sessions with John Stevenson. Athletes participating in this Sports psychology program will develop their mental toughness and their ability to perform under pressure because they will learn the five essential mental skills that allow them to perform their best when it matters most. Key mental skills such as Goal-setting, Positive-effective thinking, Stress-energy management, Attention control and Imagery will be covered to ensure that each athlete has the ability to create the MIND-SET that will ultimately allow them to reach the Ideal Performance State so that they can consistently maximize their performance.
THE SILVER PACKAGE
This Sports Psychology program includes ten one-on-one mental game coaching sessions with John Stevenson. Athletes participating in this psychological skills training program will receive a comprehensive Psychophysiological Assessment at the onset of the program that specifically determines each athlete’s strengths and weaknesses before mental training.
This program combines the best traditional sports psychology interventions with the latest sports science technology available today (e.g., Biofeedback, Neurofeedback, Psychological Skills Training) to assist you in achieving consistent peak performance.
Athletes/Clients will have the opportunity to use the same techniques and technologies as the medal winning Canadian athletes in the 2010 Olympic Games, the National Hockey League, the National Football League, The British Premier League, NASA astronauts, Navy Seals and the Canadian and American Military.
This comprehensive Mental Skills Training Program focuses on developing and mastering the following techniques and strategies:
Mental Toughness Coaching
Relaxation/Stress Management Techniques
- Coherent Breathing
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Forms of Biofeedback
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- Galvanic Skin Response (GSR)
- Neurofeedback (Brainwaves)
Athletes participating in this program will be better equipped to:
- Control their stress levels by changing their brainwaves, heart rate, breathing skin conductivity, temperature, respiration, and blood volume pulse.
- Behave intelligently and responsibly in the face of challenges and adversity.
- Learn how to control their thinking and emotions to perform consistently and effectively at their highest levels of personal excellence.
- Learn how to set personal, achievable goals.
- Learn how mental skills training can positively affect all aspects of their lives, including formative relationships with coaches, family, teachers, employers and peers.
Please Note: This program requires the athlete /performer to make a serious commitment to their mental training regime. The protocol requires the athlete to make a 10 consecutive week commitment (each week the athlete will receive homework-audio, workbooks, and routines to develop and master these skills). This program is designed for those athletes/performers who are very serious about their performance and who want to benefit from the latest cutting edge technology to take their game to the next level.
THE GOLD/PODIUM PROGRAM
For the first time ever, Amateur Athletes participating in this Comprehensive Sports Psychology program will be able to experience and develop their mental skills, self-regulation skills, and perceptual-cognitive skills using the same cutting-edge technology that has been used in the “Mind Room” at European Football Clubs, NFL and NHL combines, and Olympic Training Centres.
|…will be able to experience and develop their mental skills, self-regulation skills, and perceptual-cognitive skills|
This Integrative 20 session program incorporates the aforementioned Biofeedback/ Neurofeedback and Psychological skills training and it also allows athletes to experience the D2 Dynavision Vision Board and Cognisens NeuroTracker. Athletes will quickly learn how to maximize their performance through this cutting edge Vision Skills Technology.
The Cognisens NeuroTracker
The Sports Vision Cognisens Training program improves performance by training an athlete to absorb and process complex movement and distribute attentional resources throughout the visual field. The data can be used for player profiling, concussion management and return to play timing assessment.
NeuroTracking involves following targets through dynamic motion across a wide 3D projection. A sports science methodology of isolation, overload and repetition is applied, scientifically proven to yield rapid gains in perceptual-cognitive ability.
Additional benefits include:
- Injury Avoidance through enhanced awareness
- Accurate baselines for RTP (Return to Play) timing
- Assessment and profiling for ‘game shape’ assessment and scouting purposes
- Neurophysical rest and recovery measurement
- Neurophysical stamina to increase resistance to perceptual impairment through fatigue
- Rehabilitation tool for injured athletes, using non-physical training for retaining cognitive game-shape.
The D2 Dynavision Board
The D2™ Visual Motor Training Device is uniquely designed to exercise Peripheral Vision while developing improved Peripheral Awareness. Together, these skills contribute to improve overall Situation Awareness (Game Vision / Court Vision).
The unique, programmable combination of the D2’s™ central “T Scope”, surrounded by 64 peripheral light switches, create a visual, motor, cognitive environment where the user athlete must maintain central vision acuity (visual) while processing (cognitive) and reacting (gross motor) to the input from both their central and peripheral visions.
Zone Performance uses the D2™ to baseline test athletes in pre-season, so that if they suffer a concussion, their post injury performance can be compared to their baseline – to aid in making a ‘return to play’ decision.
The combined visual, cognitive and gross motor elements of the D2™ device have the clear potential to make the device a very useful tool in the evaluation of athletes following a concussion. This is in great part due to the gross motor component that the D2™ adds to the current computer screen / mouse click based systems used to evaluate Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
Mental Toughness Training with John Stevenson can take place in person or via the phone or Skype. Sessions occur by appointment only. These may be made via telephone or in person. Each session is approximately 60 minutes
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact us today to learn how mental coaching works and to request pricing on all mental training programs we offer for our Athletic clients. Complete our web form to contact us via email or call us toll-free.
Check out the following videos that highlight how Biofeedback and Neurofeedback have helped Canadian Olympic Athletes have a Mental Edge over the competition!