PERFORMNING ARTS MENTAL TRAINING PROGRAMS
You have an innate talent, a deep down passion that drives you. You have trained and practiced for hours and hours…
BUT you just don’t feel it is good enough. You may even feel you can’t concentrate, your palms are sweaty and your mind is blank. You know you’re not performing up to your potential. You want to take “your game” to the next level but you’re not sure how to accomplish this.
You can put in all the time for physical training but there’s a limit. The good news is the possibilities are limitless when you train your mental game. Tap into your limitless performance, simply by combining your passion and your physical training with mental training.
Are you ready to break thru your barriers?
Whether you’re a figure skater, mogul or free-style skier, gymnast, dancer, or musician Zone Performance offers a variety of Performance Psychology Skills that are uniquely designed to boost your confidence, composure, concentration and consistency.
Gain the Competitive Advantage-With Zone Performance’s Mental Toughness Program For Dancers, Performers, and Musicians.
ONE-ON-ONE SPORTS PSYCHOLOGY/MENTAL GAME COACHING
Zone Performance provides parents, coaches, and performers quick and effective solutions to assist them in achieving and even exceeding their performance goals. Performers rapidly gain the insight, tools, and strategies to understand how their mind works and to gain control over it in a way that optimizes their personal performance, as opposed to sabotaging it. The Mental Game Coaching offered at Zone Performance ensures that your Mind-set is more consistently positive and productive, which in turn, allows to produce performance results “under pressure and on demand”.
Zone Performance provides parents, coaches, and performers quick and effective solutions.
Discover Your Inner Champion
- Achieve the optimal state of mind – to perform your best under any conditions
- Gain new motivation and confidence – to break through mental barriers
- Unleash the power of your body, mind, and spirit – to realize your full potential
- Create a healthy, balanced lifestyle – athletically, professionally, and personally
- Deal with fear – and use it to propel you forward
- Handle stress, anxiety, and health concerns
- Think, act and perform like a champion!
Performers often remark how our coaching improves other aspects of their lives, outside of athletics.
ZONE PERFORMANCE MENTAL TRAINING PROGRAMS
Zone Performance offers the following Champion Mindset Coaching Programs to develop your Mental Skills for the Competitive World…and For Life!
Perform Like A Star Program – Performers participating in this Introductory Sports Psychology program learn the Five Fundamental Mental Skills that are essential for performing at your best when it matters the most.
Starting with the top of the STAR (Goal-Setting) and moving clockwise, this 5 session developmental program mindfully addresses each skill within the STAR to create the Performer’s Star Power. The MIND SET created in this process will provide increased confidence, composure, sharpen focus and concentration and build mental toughness leading to significantly enhanced performance.
THE PODIUM PROGRAM
|Take your mental game to the next level!|
Performers participating in this Advanced Sports Psychology Program will take their mental game to the next level through a combination of mental skills training, biofeedback and neurofeedback to optimize their performance. This integrative program takes Performers through the same Mental and Self-regulation skills that the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Athletes utilized to obtain their Podium Performances, hence the name of the Program.
Performers participating in this Mental skills training program will receive a comprehensive Psychological Assessment at the onset of the program that specifically determines each athlete’s strengths and weaknesses before mental training.
This comprehensive program focuses on the developing and mastering the following techniques and strategies:
Mental Toughness Coaching
Relaxation/Stress Management Techniques:
- Coherent Breathing
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Forms of Biofeedback
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- Galvanic Skin Response (GSR)
- Neurofeedback (Brainwaves)
Performers participating in this program will be better equipped to:
- Self- Regulate by controlling their stress levels by changing their brainwaves, heart rate, breathing skin conductivity, temperature, respiration, and blood volume pulse.
- Behave intelligently and responsibly in the face of challenges and adversity.
- Learn how to control their thinking and emotions to perform consistently and effectively at their highest levels of personal excellence.
- Learn how to set personal, achievable goals.
- Learn how mental skills training can positively affect all aspects of their lives, including formative relationships with coaches, family, teachers, employers and peers.
Please Note: This program requires the Performer to make a serious commitment to their mental training regime. The protocol requires the athlete to make a minimum commitment of ten sessions preferably twenty sessions to develop these critical mental and self-regulation skills (each week the athlete will receive homework-audio, workbooks, and routines to develop and master these skills). This program is designed for those performers who are very serious about their performance and who want to benefit from the latest cutting edge technology to take their game to the next level.
ALL ONE-ON-ONE MENTAL GAME COACHING PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Mental Aptitude Assessment Profile — Find out where you are mentally strong, and the specific areas that keep you from reaching your potential.
- Mental Game Plan (MGP) — This is a customized plan FOCUSED on SPECIFIC mental toughness areas REQUIRING improvement and/or specific focus. Examples include: goal setting and monitoring, improving confidence, maintaining composure, coping with injury, getting and staying focused, overcoming perfectionism and fear, COPING with mistakes, not letting frustration or anger override your performance.
- Weekly meetings (in person by phone or on the playing field.) to facilitate the custom MGP and celebrate advances in mental skills and performance success. Clients will also receive weekly exercises to help them move forward quickly and efficiently.
- Training Materials and Handouts. The curriculum is designed to provide each athlete/ performer with all mental game handouts, reading materials, audio programs and workbooks.
- Sport specific mental imagery script — no matter the sport or discipline, Coach John will develop a custom mental imagery script to help you find and stay in your “zone” faster and easier, better prepare you mentally for competition, and provide you with a plan to continuously improve your mental toughness skills
- Unlimited Email-Support between mental training sessions.
Mental Game Coaching with John Stevenson can take place in person or via the phone or Skype. Sessions occur by appointment only. These may be made via telephone or in person. Each session is approximately 60 minutes. Most sessions are typically reimbursed under insurance or EAP programs. Check with your insurance provider or employer for details.
TO GET STARTED CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact us today to learn how mental coaching works and to request pricing on all mental training programs we offer our clients.
Check out the following videos that highlight how Biofeedback and Neurofeedback have helped Canadian Olympic Athletes have a Mental Edge over the competition!